* View the employment page for directions on how to apply.
Summer Camp Employment Opportunities
Jobs available include Healthcare Supervisor, Camp Cook and Climbing Specialist. Please visit our Jobs At Camp Page to see all Employment Opportunities available. http://www.girlscoutsdiamonds.org/JoinToday/CampProperties/SummerCamp/JobsatCamp.aspx
Development Officer - (1) Texarkana Office or Jonesboro Office
The Development Officer is accountable for coordinating and implementing the council's efforts in securing funding from individuals and corporations, assisting in grant efforts, and managing and coordinating fundraising for organizational priorities. Under administrative direction, the Development Officer identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors; serves as development liaison; supports fundraising special projects, development initiatives and goal setting.
1. Assists in developing and maintaining the council's fundraising procedures.
2. Reviews and responds to applications for troop money-earning activities and Corporate Volunteer Program applications.
3. Works with other departments and the External Relations team to research and identify specific funding needs of council programs/initiatives and raises funds to support those efforts.
4. Identifies, cultivates and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with assigned prospects, manages special projects; carries out fundraising priorities in assigned areas.
5. Supports fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors; collaborates with other members of External Relations in developing campaign materials,
statements, and brochures; works in collaboration to prepare reports and
prospect research materials.
and ensures maintenance of an effective fund development data management
national, regional and local fundraising trends and laws impacting the
working relationships and serves as development liaison to community
organizations, donors and other key personnel to achieve successful
fundraising; nurtures culture of philanthropic support.
9. Participates in special projects and other duties as
degree in related field or equivalent knowledge and experience in fundraising,
marketing and grant writing.
- 3-5 years of fund development experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS:
- Computer literacy and technical
knowledge of computer software
- Close attention to detail
- Knowledge of development/fundraising
concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human
- Strong verbal and professional
written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy
and tact amid diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships
with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to solicit gifts
Ability to adapt and respond to
- Ability to maintain high level of
confidentiality and professionalism
- Adheres to the AFP Donor Bill of
Rights and Code of Ethics
- Strong initiative
- Ability to think creatively when
- Membership in
- Ability to
practice in accordance with the principles of the Girl Scout Movement
- Valid driver’s
- Flexibility and
good sense of humor
- Ability to
exercise good judgment
ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently and
- Access to properly
licensed and insured automobile