- * View the employment page for directions on how to apply.
(2) Membership Specialist North Little Rock Office
A key member of the Membership, Volunteer, Program Department, the Membership Specialist is responsible for developing, retaining, and increasing girl/adult membership in assigned geographic area; recruits and provides ongoing support to volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within assigned geographic area.
1. Recruit volunteers to work with girls in a variety of settings using traditional and non-traditional means.
2. Develops and administers effective special short-term programs focused on recruitment of girls
3. Effectively identifies, analyzes, and solves problems, and successfully handles conflict resolution in assigned areas.
4. Establishes and maintains contact with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls by implementing programs under the guidance and supervision of the Council's Program Director.
5. Encourages and supports Service Units and volunteers in their areas under the guidance of the Volunteer Pathways Department
6. Recruits, trains, and provides on-going support, supervision, and direction to administrative volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting GSUSA and council policies, standards, and procedures, and by ensuring the availability of support services to enable volunteers to carry out their jobs effectively.
- Required:Bachelor's Degree, in related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability in team management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in related position, and or volunteer role
- Experience in volunteer recruitment/management
- Conflict Management training
- Knowledge of Girl Scout Program Emphasis and Delivery Systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership qualities which include the ability to collaborate, organize and work effectively while using creativity in problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of marketing skills and/or willingness to become proficient
- Ability to perform duties including but not limited to; public speaking for large audiences, hands on program