A key member of the Membership, Volunteer, Program Department, the position of Community Program Specialist is responsible for planning and establishing, and facilitating program opportunities for girls and adult volunteers through the Series Pathway. He or she represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within the assigned geographic area.
1. Pursues community partnerships and collaborations in assigned geographic area
2. Studies and becomes proficient in girl and adult related trends, multicultural data and demographics, marketing and sales techniques, effective communication, and knowledge of communities and organizations in order to effectively implement a strategic membership growth plan.
3. Maintains relationships and/or partnerships with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls through series and/or events
4. Recruits and trains adult volunteers to facilitate Community Programs events and/or series
5. Identifies and supports volunteers, throughout assigned geographic area
6. Assists with the planning of Community Programs curriculum and program portfolio components
7. Works in collaboration with other departments to achieve Council goals and objectives
8. Maintains the necessary records and reports of meetings, series, events and collaborations for monthly management, fund development and yearly analysis purposes
- Bachelors degree in related field or experience commensurate with degree
- 2-3 years experience in program development, working with adults and youth
- Strong human relations skills and have ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Unequivocal commitment to pluralism
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including substantial amounts of weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, effectively market council initiatives and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to facilitate and/or assist in facilitation of outdoor programming
- Ability to follow direction and exercise good judgment
- Ability to perform duties including but not limited to; public speaking for large audiences, hands on program delivery working with Girl and Adult members, and be able to work in the outdoor elements
- Ability/confidence to cultivate collaborative relationships with key community leaders
- Demonstrated ability in youth program design and management
(2) Membership Specialist North Little Rock Office
A key member of the Membership, Volunteer, Program Department, the Membership Specialist is responsible for developing, retaining, and increasing girl/adult membership in assigned geographic area; recruits and provides ongoing support to volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within assigned geographic area.
1. Recruit volunteers to work with girls in a variety of settings using traditional and non-traditional means.
2. Develops and administers effective special short-term programs focused on recruitment of girls
3. Effectively identifies, analyzes, and solves problems, and successfully handles conflict resolution in assigned areas.
4. Establishes and maintains contact with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls by implementing programs under the guidance and supervision of the Council's Program Director.
5. Encourages and supports Service Units and volunteers in their areas under the guidance of the Volunteer Pathways Department
6. Recruits, trains, and provides on-going support, supervision, and direction to administrative volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting GSUSA and council policies, standards, and procedures, and by ensuring the availability of support services to enable volunteers to carry out their jobs effectively.
- Required:Bachelor's Degree, in related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability in team management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in related position, and or volunteer role
- Experience in volunteer recruitment/management
- Conflict Management training
- Knowledge of Girl Scout Program Emphasis and Delivery Systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent leadership qualities which include the ability to collaborate, organize and work effectively while using creativity in problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of marketing skills and/or willingness to become proficient
- Ability to perform duties including but not limited to; public speaking for large audiences, hands on program