The mission of the Red Ribbon Week Patch is designed to provide Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts the ability to earn a patch from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) by performing anti-drug activities in commemoration of Red Ribbon Week. Furthermore, this initiative seeks to empower young people to create, embrace, and strengthen their drug free beliefs. DEA aims to award a Red Ribbon Week Patch and Certificate of Participation to the first 25,000 qualifying Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
All Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are eligible to participate in the program. To earn the DEA Red Ribbon Patch, please complete the following:
- Each Scout leader or designee must submit the Intent to Participate form by Friday, October 5, 2012. The online form is available at www.justthinktwice.com.
- Each Scouting unit or troop must coordinate or support a Red Ribbon Week activity.
- Each Scout must attend a drug prevention education session.
- Each Scout must take the DEA Drug-Free Pledge.
- The Scout leader must submit the Activity Report upon completion of program requirements, no later than Friday, December 14, 2012.