SEPTEMBER 27: DUE TO WEATHER FORECASTS FOR THIS WEEKEND, THE FACILITATORS HAVE TODAY ANNOUNCED THEIR DESIRE TO CANCEL THIS TRIP, BUT HOPE TO RESCHEDULE FOR THE FUTURE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE DATES.
Join Packrat Outdoor Center on a backpacking adventure you don’t want to miss! Hike with skilled outdoorswomen and learn about the leave no trace principle, how to use a map and compass, how to filter water in the wild and many other backpacking skills. Once you get to the site, pitch your tent and enjoy the campfire on one of Arkansas’s scenic trails.
Level: Cadette - Ambassador
Date: Saturday, September 28 - Sunday, September 29, 2013 **Pre-trip meetings: Friday, September 16
Time: Event: 7:00 am Saturday to 5:00 pm Sunday **Pre-trip meeting: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Ozark Highlands Trail, Arkansas (specific trail section to be announced 1 week prior to trip)
Fee: $30 per girl
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Maximum Capacity: 10 girls (No adults will be allowed to register for this event)
Service Project: Bring a household item or clothing item in good repair to be donated to a local thrift store.
1) Two pre-meetings at Packrat Outdoor Center are required of all participants prior to trip. Parents and leaders are welcome and encouraged to attend the pre-trip meetings.
2) Packrat will provide the following items for each participant: backpacks, sleeping bags and liners, stoves, trekking poles, sleeping pads, tents and water filters. Participants will be responsible for all clothing items required.
3) Adults cannot register for this trip. Girls will be supervised by four Girl Scout volunteers with appropriate trainings, two of which are trained in backcountry skills, and one with Wilderness First Aid.
4) Girls are responsible for securing their own transportation to and from Packrat Outdoor Center. Transportation from Packrat to trailhead will be provided.
5) Health forms and permission slips are required from each participant’s parent/guardian before participating in trip. Forms will be handed out at first pre-trip meeting.
Contact: Linda Archer, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 5813