DUE TO DANGERS OF DEER HUNTING SEASON, THE LOCATION OF THIS LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP WILL BE CHANGED. NEW LOCATION WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
This leadership workshop is designed for Cadette GS interested in working with younger girls in group settings. For girls who have already attended the basic PA training, there will be more advanced sessions including outdoor cooking, ceremonies, activity planning, etc.
Level: Cadette (who have completed at least one Leader in Action Award)
Dates: Friday, November 9 - Sunday, November 11, 2012
Time: Friday 6:30pm - Sunday 11:30am
Location: Camp High Point, Mena, AR
Fee: $25 per girl
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Service Project: During training, girls will design a project to be implemented within one month after returning home.
1) As a pre-requisite to taking this course: Girls must have completed at least one Leader In Action (LiA) Award from the Cadette Girls Guide to Girl Scouting
(Click here for required LiA Report Form)
2) Girls who complete this training may work towards earning the Program Aide (PA) pin
3) Girls should bring their own, level-specific Girls Guide
4) Girls will be staying in cabins; adults will be in neighboring cabins
5) Participants should be aware of predicted weather and pack accordingly
6) Participants should eat before arriving on Friday night. Saturday meals and Sunday breakfast are included.
6) Volunteers are needed to assist with facilitation of sessions. Please contact Amanda Hall if interested.
Contact: Amanda Hall, email@example.com or 800-632-6894, ext 2106
VIEW FLYER HERE