Would you like to take on a new leadership role in Girl Scouts and work with groups of younger girls? Then becoming a Program Aide is what you need to do! This training is designed to help Cadette GS (6-8 grades) develop their leadership skills by sharing their knowledge and talents with younger girls.
As a pre-requisite for taking this course, girls must have completed at least one Leader in Action (LiA) Award from the Cadette Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and submit the required Diamonds LiA Report Form found on the council website.
Level: Cadette (Must have completed on LiA Award)
Dates: Friday, February 1, 2013 - Saturday, February 2, 2013
Times: 7:00 pm Friday - 5:00 pm Saturday
Location: Camp NOARK, Huntsville
Registration Fee: $25 per girl Adult fee TBA (to cover food)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Service Project: Bring a roll of paper towels to be donated to a local animal shelter
1) As a pre-requisite to taking this course: Girls must have completed at least one Leader In Action (LiA) Award from theCadette Girls Guide to Girl Scouting (Click here for required LiA Report Form)
2) Participants should eat before arriving Friday and pack a sack lunch for Saturday. Saturday breakfast and drinks/snacks throughout the workshop will be provided
3)Girls that complete this training may work toward earning their Program Aid (PA) pin.
4) Girls are not required but are encouraged to own their level specific Girl Guide
5) Volunteers are needed to assist with facilitation of sessions. If interested, contact Chris Welch.
6) Adults may stay overnight at camp, but must have a current background check (within the past 3 years) on file with the Council
Contact: Chris Welch, email@example.com, or ext 5836