*** Note *** All Recognition deadlines are March 15!
The council's award system is built around the guidelines established by GSUSA. Several factors weigh heavily in the award process and include:
- Quality of accomplishment is the primary determining factor in awarding recognition.
- Impact on girls is the leading measure of quality.
- Different kinds of accomplishments must be considered: time, talent, as well as, donations of resources.
- Quality is not judged by length of service or number of other recognitions; it is ultimately a function of impact, direct or indirect, with girls.
- Recognition is given to reinforce high expectations and encourage continual improvement. It is not a competition. Recognitions create a strategic advantage because they identify those who model the future. Recipient's performance is part of what moves a council towards its goals.
- Publicly honoring adults underscores Girl Scouting's vitality in the community. It encourages greater involvement and support from other adults and organizations - all with the goal of building girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place.
How to Submit a Council Award Nomination:
The Adult Recognition Review Committee reviews all nominees for Council awards.
- Review the Recognition Progression to determine the appropriate award for the individual.
- Read the criteria and nomination form thoroughly. Be sure this recognition is the best award for the candidate. The Adult Development Department will answer any questions you have.
- Address all criteria completely and provide detailed information. It is the sole responsibility of the person completing the nomination form to make sure all documentation is included with the application.
- Provide a copy of the requirements for the award to the people completing questionnaires of endorsement in support of the nominee. The letters need to give examples of how the nominee fulfills the criteria.
- The nominator is responsible for collecting and reviewing all information to ensure the nomination and questionnaires document how the nominee meets the award criteria. The packet includes the nomination form and all letters of endorsement. Make sure the packet is complete.
- Copy the application and questionnaires before mailing them. Keep a copy for your records.
- Nominator should submit the nomination form and required endorsement questionnaires to the Adult Development Department before the deadline.
- Awards are presented at the Annual Meeting and Leadership Conference.
** NOTE ** The person making the nomination may not submit an endorsement letter.