Girl Scouts – Diamonds Council is divided into 70 geographic areas known as Service Units. These areas are managed and staffed by volunteers and have three primary functions:
- To deliver and extend the Girl Scout program to all girls grades K – 12 in all socioeconomic, religious and ethnic groups within the jurisdiction.
- To give ongoing support to adults who work with girls.
- To offer and promote opportunities for troops in the Service Unit.
Service Unit Meetings
Service Unit team members and troop representatives meet several times throughout the year to share ideas, receive training, and talk about important announcements. Service Units may organize events such as community-wide service projects, summer day camps, family events, Cookie Rallies, World Thinking Day celebrations and Award ceremonies
Most Service Areas meet monthly during the school year and all Troop Leaders (01 and 02) are encouraged to attend. If a Troop Leader cannot attend, a member of the Troop Committee should attend.
During meetings, Troop Leaders may network, give input about Service Area program opportunities for troops, receive information from Council staff and receive pre-ordered items from the Council Shops.
If you missed the Volunteer Essentials webinar, you can access the PowerPoint HERE.
Service Unit Manuals
Volunteer Position Descriptions
Service Team Members: The council requests that you have each volunteer sign their volunteer description for the Girl Scout year. Please turn in all signed volunteer descriptions to your regional Girl Scout office in June of each year.
- Troop Leader Position Description
- Troop Treasurer Position Description
- Troop Cookie Manager Position Description
- Troop Travel Application
Event and Series Pathway:
- Service Unit Director Position Description
- Service Unit Treasurer Position Description
- Service Unit Product Sales Program Manager Position Description
- Service Unit Troop Organizer Position Description
- Service Unit Recruiter Position Description
- Service Unit Event Coordinator Position Description
- Service Unit Training Coordinator Position Description
- Service Unit Recognitions Coordinator Position Description
- Service Unit Public Relations Coordinator Position Description