The Service Unit Public Relations Coordinator will work in conjunction with troops and individuals who would like to be part of the Girl Scouts – Diamonds PR Street Team.
Positive media coverage is one of the best ways to promote the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. When we share our Girl Scout news and activities it:
- Increases our visibility in the community
- Promotes our brand and signals value for the Girl Scout Program
- Boosts our membership
- Increases financial support
What’s the challenge? At Girl Scouts – Diamonds of Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, we do our best to report on exciting stories and important information relating to Girl Scouting within our council, but, with 79 counties and more than 10,000 girl and adult members, it would take considerable resources in staff time, energy and funding to issue media releases on everyone’s activities! There is where YOU come in! As a member of the Girl Scouts – Diamonds PR Street Team, you can work with your Service Unit Public Relations Coordinator to promote your Girl Scout news and activities in local media.
PR Street Team
Girl Scouts – Diamonds of Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas is looking for enthusiastic Girl Scouts to help spread the word about Girl Scouting in the community. The Girl Scouts – Diamonds PR Street Team is a call list of troops and girls who can jump to service at a moment’s notice to help the council and the community. Service can include exciting media and civic appearances, council events, flag ceremonies, and other events and activities. Some events will
Press Release Templates:
Interest cards – for girls
Sign in Sheets
Flyers – NEW!
- General Flyer – Volunteer
- General Flyer – Peace, Love, Joy
- General Flyer – Trefoils
- General Flyer – Green
- Valentine Themed
- General Flyer – Tea Cups
- General Flyer – Swim
- General Flyer- Spring
- General Flyer- Skate
- Christmas Theme
- Halloween Theme
- General Flyer- Movies
- General Flyer – Camp
- General Flyer – Beach
- General Flyer- Art
Interest cards – for volunteers
Representing Girl Scouts:When a Girl Scout or Girl Scout volunteer is representing Girl Scouts in any way they must behave in an appropriate, mature manner that fairly represents the Girl Scout Movement. If a Girl Scout and/or Girl Scout volunteer acts in violation of this procedure, they may lose their membership privileges.
Emergency Situations: If an emergency situation occurs, Girl Scouts and volunteers must follow the Girl Scouts – Diamonds Emergency Procedures which include making NO statement of ANY KIND to the media. Do NOT give out any names or information. Ask the media to contact the Communications Director, at 800-632-6894 ext 6751.
Including a picture with your release increases the chances that your news will get printed! Here are some helpful tips:
- Take pictures that support your event and try to take a lot of pictures so you will have many shots to select from.
- Unless your intent is to wow people with the number of girls you can put in a straight line… avoid those dull group shots if you can. The group shot has its place but action shots are more fun and can make your event look more interesting. Get in close to capture faces and girls doing something!
- Only submit bright, focused, good quality photos. Pictures should be saved as Jpegs and be at least 300 dpi (dots per inch).