What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
New! Check out our New VTK Resource Guide for Volunteers! This easy-to-follow guide provides steps on how to set up year plans, updating your troop calendar, selecting Journeys and more.
Also New! The Girl Scouts - Historic Georgia Council has generously offered to share their great VTK How-To video with us.
Have questions? For assistance with the Volunteer Toolkit, please email our Customer Care Team or call 800-632-6894.
Log in today! Click on MyGS/VTK in the upper right-hand corner to get started.